Join our family as we journey to bring our baby home.

Home Sweet Home

After a total of 18 hours on 3 different planes, we are home. Libby did well on the 2 shorter flights and just ok on the long flight. It is hard to get comfy and sleep on plane seats and she fell off once which made her very leary of falling asleep again. We spent some time in the bathroom while she screamed herself to sleep, so we didn't bother other passengers. We also took turns sleeping on the floor so we would be more aware when she was rolling around during her sleep. We made it and I am happy to say when we got home, she also slept for 6 hours!! We are hoping the transition to the time change is a smooth one for all of us. We are so blessed and grateful to be home. Libby LOVES her brothers. She is doing better about not needing me to hold her as much, but only if she is on the floor playing. She is not ready to let me leave the room or let anyone else hold her. It will take some time, and I am amazed at how well she is doing overall. We welcome visitors, but you may want to call first as naps could be happening at any moment for any of us!!! Thank you again for your prayers. We serve an amazing God.

Ready to come home

We have had an amazing stay in China and have loved every minute of it, but we are very ready to come home. After a gliche in the system at the American Consulate yesterday, we have been cleared to leave and we have Libby's Visa. It is 7:00pm US EST time. The trip home involves 3 plane rides and a total of 24 hours so we need your prayers. We board a plane in Guangzhou at 11:55pm your time and take a 3 hour flight to Beijing. We have a 3 hour lay over in Beijing and get on a flight at 6:30am your time for a 13 1/2 hour flight to Washington DC. We then have a 2 hour lay over and board a plane at 9:30pm for our final 2 hour flight. Please pray for smooth plane rides, our health and safety and for Libby as it will be a long day and will be the start of adjusting to the time change for all of us. Thank you for your prayers and we thank God for His hand upon everything.

The doctor visit wore her out.

We had to take a lunch break at the doctor.

Say Ahhhhh.

Getting measured

Waiting to see the doctor

When I first met my Mom

My first picture with Mom and Dad

Sleeping Beauty


My first outing in the rain

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Zoo Day.

Today we went to the Chongqing zoo. We saw several pandas, the giant ones and red ones. They were really cute. Libby enjoyed the outing, as a change of scenery is great for everyone. She is doing very well. The only crying she did yesterday, was when it was time to go to bed. She gets very tired, and we haven't learned exactly how she wants to be put to sleep. She has been happy today, and has done a lot of laughing. She is very attached to Mom, and loves to play with Dad, but doesn't want him to hold her or for me to leave the room. Tomorrow is another busy day of sightseeing in the morning, and then celebrating all of the baby birthday's in our group. We'll post some birthday photos tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers.


Gzusfreak said...

The laughs are always a joy. Tell dad not to worry, Jack does that to me too.

I have been showing off the pictures and everyone comments on how cute she is. I must admit, while Libby is darling, my favorite part of the pictures is the joy on mom's face.

Love you guys (dad, if it will help, you can hold me when you get home).


mcdonnells97 said...

Her uncertainty of Rod only shows she has great intelligence and her love for mommy shows her good taste in people. Just kidding...She will have Rod wrapped tight around her finger in no time.

I love seeing the joyon your face, Lynn. I know this has been a long time coming. She is so blessed to be a part of the Sanders family.

We will be praying for safe travels home. Thanks for keeping us updated. She is beautiful!!

Much love,
Kelly and Faith